Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Source: Recipe card from Genie Honerkamp. Originally from Southern Living Annual Recipes 1981, p270.
Makes one 10-inch coffee cake.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 (8 ounce) carton of sour cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar glaze (details below).
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir well and set aside.
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and soda. Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half of the pecan mixture over the batter.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375F for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool 5 minutes in a pan on a wire rack. Invert onto serving plate. Let cool.
- Combine all of the Powdered Sugar Glaze ingredients, stir well.
- Drizzle with glaze. Store overnight in an airtight container.