Jump to navigation Jump to search
Source: Recipe card from Genie Honerkamp, original source Southern Living Annual Recipes 1980 p.209
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen pinwheels.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pound hot bulk pork sausage
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles course meal.
- Add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly 3 or 4 times.
- Roll dough into an 18 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Spread sausage (at room temperature) over dough, leaving a 1/2 inch margin on all sides.
- Carefully roll dough lengthwise jellyroll-fashion, pinch seam and ends to seal.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Slice dough into 1/4 inch slices. Arrange 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until browned.