Banana Nut Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Source: Recipe card from Genie Honerkamp
Makes two loaves.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 bananas (the riper the better)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Cream the shortening and sugar together.
- Beat 2 eggs well into the mixture.
- Mash the bananas and add.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in two small greased loaf pans at 350F until it is firm and leaves the side of the pan.